Arterial Research and Educational Network in Asia-Pacific
Arterial Research and Educational Network in the Asia Pacific (ARENA-PAC) is a backbone network with the purpose of research and education and is made up of an international submarine cable network constructed with the goal of expanding the Internet in the Asia Pacific region. ARENA-PAC is a project of the Asia Pacific Internet Development Trust (APIDT), and is operated by WIDE Project with support from APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre).
ARENA-PAC will comprise several long-term IRU circuits, of 10 and 100Gbps, between a central exchange point in Guam and sites in Tokyo, Philippines and Indonesia.
- ARENA-PAC Contributed to the Interactive Volumetric Live Performance Between Sydney and Tokyo at the SIGGRAPH Asia 2023
- 100 Gbps International Network for Research and Education Inaugurated in the Philippines
- ARENA-PAC was introduced in the WIDE project exhibit at the IGF Kyoto 2023
- ARENA-PAC Contributed to Successful Telesurgery Trial between Japan and Singapore
- 100 Gbps International Network for Education and Research Inaugurated in Indonesia
- ARENA-PAC Operation Report 2022
Prof Jun Murai, WIDE Project / KEIO University / ARENA-PAC co-director
Paul Wilson, APNIC / ARENA-PAC co-director
Che-Hoo Cheng, APNIC