Arterial Research and Educational Network in Asia-Pacific
Arterial Research and Educational Network in the Asia Pacific (ARENA-PAC) is a backbone network with the purpose of research and education and is made up of an international submarine cable network constructed with the goal of expanding the Internet in the Asia Pacific region. ARENA-PAC is a project of the Asia Pacific Internet Development Trust (APIDT), and is operated by WIDE Project with support from APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre).
ARENA-PAC will comprise several long-term IRU circuits, of 10 and 100Gbps, between a central exchange point in Guam and sites in Tokyo, Philippines and Indonesia. All circuits will be leased from regional cable companies including RTI Cables and others.
- ARENA-PAC Signed Agreement to Enhance Collaboration with Philippines’ National Research and Education Network
- SCinet Spirit of Innovation recognizes APOnet members role in supporting international science activities for SC22
- APOnet members will collaborate for the exhibition at SC22, Dallas in Texas
- Collaboration between NICT, NII, MAFFIN and WIDE Project will Facilitate the Establishment of Interoperable Environments in Japan
- Agreement to Enhance Japan-Indonesia Research and Education Network Collaboration Signed
- ARENA-PAC Contributes to Ensure Uninterrupted Connectivity in the Asia Pacific Region through Collaboration with APOnet Members
Prof Jun Murai, WIDE Project / KEIO University / ARENA-PAC co-director
Paul Wilson, APNIC / ARENA-PAC co-director
Che-Hoo Cheng, APNIC